Head of Boston
Boston - permanent
The Head of Boston is responsible for growing and managing GIBC Digital’s business in Boston. You will report to the Head of Americas and will play a central role in the company’s global growth strategy. Expectations will be high, but this role presents an excellent opportunity to contribute to an exciting and growing company, as we expand our capabilities and clients in the Northeast region.
The Head of Boston will be expected to do the following:
- Develop and implement the local business strategy
- Foster and develop strong relationships with clients
- Establish, work on, and ensure delivery teams are operating in a manner consistent with the GIBC Digital Way of Working
- Identify, pitch, scope, and close new business opportunities
- Create the demand-driven service offering of the local office
- Recruit, motivate, and train a team of high-performing individuals to deliver industry-best work for clients
- Support the global automation and enterprise design competency, as the regional subject-matter expert
Must be committed to GIBC Digital’s Core Values:
- Excellence (quality)
- Extreme ownership (initiative)
- Integrity and transparency (authenticity)
- Hard work and determination (heart)
- Constant learning and improvement (evolution)
- Teamwork (collaboration)
Must be able to demonstrate the following:
Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information and apply it in appropriate ways.
Emotional Intelligence. Cable of recognizing emotions to discern between different feelings and label them appropriately, use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior, and manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt to environments or achieve one's goals.
Dynamic presence. Demonstrates high energy and get-things-done attitude. Able to motivate others to take action and achieve the goal. Subtly forceful and commanding.
Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient and productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Acts like an owner/has an entrepreneurial mindset. Brings new ideas to the company. Takes responsibility for achieving the goals and driving the company forward.
Verbal and written communication skills. Able to synthesize information and communicate what’s important clearly and succinctly.
Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Problem solving. Comes up with clever solutions to problems. Looks for the root cause and isn’t satisfied with treating symptoms. Constantly looks for ways to improve the way we do things, so we can evolve quickly.
Big picture thinker. Understands how the work fits into the overall objective. Keeps the goal in view and does not get caught up in doing a task for its own sake, so can easily adjust when something isn’t advancing the objective.
Leadership. Establishes a clear vision, shares that vision with others, so that they will follow willingly, provides the information, knowledge and methods to realize that vision, and coordinates and balances the conflicting interests of all members and stakeholders.
Collaboration. Works well with others to achieve common goals. Sets ego aside to achieve what’s best for the company. Works well in multiple self-organizing teams (in various roles) to achieve specific goals and then dissolve.
Skills and/or Experience
Having the following skills and/or experience is desired:
- Prior experience in management consulting and/or financial services
- Successful business development experience, with significant industry contacts
- Track record running complex change programs in large organization
- Strategic planning and implementation of solutions to support business operations and systems (organizational practices and processes).
- Possess prior experience managing teams in line management and/or delivery of platforms and initiatives
- Proven recruiting, mentoring, training, coaching, facilitation and relationship building experience.
- AGILE methodology and experience, or equivalent skills, e.g. Lean or Six Sigma
- Project management, and organizational skills (Microsoft Project, JIRA etc.).
- Strong academic background in Business, Mathematics, Economics, or Engineering or equivalent industry experience
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.