Our global multi-disciplinary consulting services practice is comprised of management consultants, technology, and subject-matter experts spanning major industries, business functions and markets.
The Business Project Manager, in our Intelligent Operational Excellence (iOpEx) group, is responsible for the following:
Project Delivery and Business Analysis
- Partner with the front office to manage the prioritization and delivery of key business initiatives working within the firm’s New Business Control framework
- Manage the design, development and delivery of new business initiatives for the front-office based on Target Operating Models (TOMs), working with key Control and Logistics (C&L) functions to create the most optimal solution for the business
- Design and document the front-to-back process - from front office booking model through operational, finance, control procedures and reporting
- Manage work efforts and projects within tight timelines and budgets and produce project documentation/deliverables
- Work with senior management to obtain the necessary sponsorships and approvals. Ensure that all processes and documentation are properly handed over to the run-the-bank teams.
Enablement of Operational Excellence
- Ensure operational procedures and requirements are implemented in line with Target Operating Models (TOMs) & Technology solutions delivered
- Manage and implement the deliverables resulting from the TOMs
- Review and provide feedback on TOM documentation, reflecting business design changes
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of experience at an investment bank, preferably in a Front Office role, and/or experience working in Middle Office, Treasury or other Finance function partnering with Front Office
- Proven track record of delivery on complex projects in a dynamic, ever changing environment
- Relevant hands-on consulting and project execution experience working with Fortune 500 companies and clients, a plus
- FICC Investment banking product knowledge, a plus
Must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information and apply it in appropriate ways.
- Dynamic presence. Demonstrates high energy and get-things-done attitude. Able to motivate others to take action and achieve the goal. Subtly forceful and commanding.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient and productive manner. Focuses on key priorities
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Acts like an owner/has an entrepreneurial mind-set. Brings new ideas to the company. Takes responsibility for achieving the goals and driving the company forward.
- Verbal and written communication. Able to synthesize information and communicate what’s important clearly and succinctly.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Problem solving. Comes up with clever solutions to problems. Looks for the root cause and isn’t satisfied with treating symptoms. Constantly looks for ways to improve the way we do things, so we can evolve quickly.
- Big picture thinking. Understands how the work fits into the overall objective. Keeps the goal in view and does not get caught up in doing a task for its own sake, so can easily adjust when something isn’t advancing the objective.
- Collaboration. Works well with others to achieve common goals. Sets ego aside to achieve what’s best for the company.
- All your information will be kept confidential.
- The seniority and salary of our new team member will vary depending on experience – we mold roles to inspire and challenge our team to learn and develop!
- Please note that due to the high level of interest we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
ABOUT GIBC DIGITAL
Purpose: We make our clients more successful by transforming how they do what they do
History: GIBC Digital began by delivering Ops and IT strategy, with a focus on regulatory-driven change. As our clients turned their attention to competing in a fast-paced, digital world, where customer expectations can change quickly, we committed ourselves to helping them evolve.
Experience: Some of the world's best-known and most successful financial services companies have relied on us to drive large-scale transformation projects across functions and regions.
Approach: Our teams are multi-disciplinary and include management consultants, technology, and on-demand subject-matter experts. They have front-line experience and know how to deliver change in large, complex organizations.
Expertise: We provide tailored solutions in Intelligent Operational Excellence (iOPEX), Customer Experience (CX), Data Intelligence, Fraud and Cyber, and Regulation and Compliance
Locations: Our reach is global, with offices in New York, Boston, Tampa, Chicago, London, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Our network allows us to provide extensive coverage on short notice.