GIBC Digital brings digital transformation to businesses by leveraging its core competencies in customer experience, business intelligence, and automation to create an integrated and individually tailored customer experience across your organization, harness the power of business analytics, and automate your internal business processes.
The Senior Data Scientist will be part of GIBC Digital’s growing Data Intelligence competency, responsible for building and optimizing machine learning models for deployment to commercial applications and products, as well as advising clients on how to leverage and implement the latest AI technologies to solve real world problems and transform how they do what they do.
Experience and Skills
- Prototype, build, train and optimize new algorithms that will be integrated into commercial applications and productionized for clients at scale
- Phrase a data science problem and articulate business needs in order to define solutions, even when the requirements are vague
- Assess a data science problem, define scope, strategize project plan, estimate timelines and resource needs, and approach the problem following CRISP model or a data science life-cycle framework
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team of software engineers, data engineers, product owners, and stakeholders to build new product features
- Document required artifacts and deliverables for status updates to stakeholders, or to facilitate knowledge transfer to clients and other team members
- Possess leadership experience that allows them to mentor and guide more junior level data scientists
- Expertise in data preparation, transformation, and feature creation
- Experience in at least one of the following; Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, Classification Models, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Non-parametric Methods, Multivariate Statistics, Reliability Models, Markov Models, Stochastic models, Bayesian Models
- Well-versed in the latest Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Scalding, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, MongoDB, Data Lakes, No SQL Databases, Cloud Based Big Data)
- Well-versed in the latest AI and machine learning frameworks, technologies, and python libraries (Tensorflow, AWS AI, IBM Watson, Google AI, MS Azure ML, scikitlearn, nltk, pandas, numpy, etc)
- Provide guidance to engineers, development teams and product owners on how best to deploy models to dev, sandbox, or production environments
- Expert knowledge in any of the following programming languages: SQL, Python, Java, Scala,
- 5+ years of commercial data science experience
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree highly preferred; Bachelor degree required
- Experience with commercial applications of machine learning in one of the following domains (Cyber and Fraud, Ad-tech, Personalization or Recommendation Engines, Lead Attribution, Marketing Analytics, Insurance Claims or Underwriting, Algorithmic Trading, Logistics & Supply Chain, Risk Modeling, Quantitative Analysis, Financial Services, Public Sector, Retail, HR, Tech, Media)
- Able to develop, configure, implement or provide strategic advisory services to clients with respect to Chatbots, RPA, Robotics, language translation models, AI driven automation, and third-party AI products
- Experience working with international companies and cultural adaptability to work across countries and succeed in global organizations
- Hands on consulting project execution experience
- Can work with clients of various sizes, from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises
- Experience working with Agile and SCRUM teams
Must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information and apply it in appropriate ways.
- Emotional Intelligence. Cable of recognizing emotions to discern between different feelings and label them appropriately, use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior, and manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt to environments or achieve one's goals.
- Dynamic presence. Demonstrates high energy and get-things-done attitude. Able to motivate others to take action and achieve the goal. Subtly forceful and commanding.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient and productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Acts like an owner/has an entrepreneurial mind-set. Brings new ideas to the company. Takes responsibility for achieving the goals and driving the company forward.
- Verbal and written communication. Able to synthesize information and communicate what’s important clearly and succinctly.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Problem solving. Comes up with clever solutions to problems. Looks for the root cause and isn’t satisfied with treating symptoms. Constantly looks for ways to improve the way we do things, so we can evolve quickly.
- Big picture thinking. Understands how the work fits into the overall objective. Keeps the goal in view and does not get caught up in doing a task for its own sake, so can easily adjust when something isn’t advancing the objective.
- Leadership. Establishes a clear vision, shares that vision with others, so that they will follow willingly, provides the information, knowledge and methods to realize that vision, and coordinates and balances the conflicting interests of all members and stakeholders.
- Collaboration. Works well with others to achieve common goals. Sets ego aside to achieve what’s best for the company.
All your information will be kept confidential.
The seniority and salary of our new team member will vary depending on experience – we mould roles to inspire and challenge our team to learn and develop!